The Royal Regiment of
The Regiment benefits from having a strong
Regimental Association, concerned with the ongoing welfare of serving and ex-service
members of the regiment, and of the historic Regiments now part of it. The welfare of its members and
ex-members is seen as a very important part of the Regiment's obligations, and the Association is strongly
supported by it.
Its aims and objectives may be summarised as follows:-
* Promote the welfare of all ranks past and present and of the antecedent
* Foster and promote esprit de corps, comradeship and interest of all ranks.
* Arrange assistance to those who have served in the Regiment or former Regiments or to their spouses,
widows and children.
* Assisting soldiers to find employment on discharge.
* Granting financial assistance or gifts to soldiers in distressed or necessitous circumstances, who have
served in the Regiment, the former Regiments and their spouses, widows or children.
* Giving advice to ex members of the Regiment on welfare matters.
* Supporting Service Charities and Institutions for the benefit of soldiers welfare.
* Regimental Reunions and forming new branches of the Association.
* Establish branches in tribal areas in the future.
If you should need to contact the Association for help or
advice, your immediate contact is through Major Frank Morton, Assistant Regimental Secretary. E-mail
is RHQ SCOTS-Asst Regtl Sec(1) [email@example.com] and 'phone no.
Address mail to Major F R Morton (Retd), The Royal Regiment
of Scotland, The Castle, EDINBURGH, EH1 2YT.
It would be usual for ex soldiers of
antecedent Regiments who did not serve at any time in the Royal Regiment of Scotland to seek welfare assistance
from their own Home Headquarters. Applications should therefore be made to the respective Home
Headquarters. These are:
EDINBURGH EH1 2YT
PERTH PH1 5HR
The Royal Highland
518 Sauchiehall Street
GLASGOW G2 3LW
INVERNESS IV2 3XD
The King’s Own Scottish
The Argyll and Sutherland
STIRLING FK8 3PA
The Association sells Regiment-related items to generate funds for the Welfare/Benevolent fund which is part of the Association. It is a
* The Royal Regiment
of Scotland Trust, Charity No.
* The Royal Regiment of Scotland Association, Charity No.
We have details of some of the products for sale on the Charity Shop page; you can see these
using this link: Regimental Charities Shop
* * * * *